1. More Regulated Native Advertising
2. Content with a Shorter Life Span
3. The Email Inbox Will Make a Comeback
- It’s easier to opt out of messenger marketing than unsubscribing from emails or texts.
- It allows the consumer to reply and have a conversation with the brand.
- Messages are short, straight to the point and enable fast content consumption.
But we see this shift by looking at user growth, too. The four biggest social networking platforms grew from about 2 billion to 2.6 billion users from 2014 to 2016. In the same time period, the four biggest messaging apps grew from roughly 800 million to 3 billion. Consumers clearly prefer messenger apps, and both social media and brand marketers will need to serve this preference.
4. Social Media Live Video
5. User-generated Content
6. Artificial Intelligence
7. Advanced Social Listening
Are You Ready to Focus on Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing isn’t a niche aspect of marketing or a side project anymore. It’s a major part of every marketing campaign, so companies must be willing to make an investment in it—in time and in money. The most effective way to make this investment is to stay on top of the changes in social media marketing to create a road map for the future.